What if I want to learn more?
Here’s some recommended reading:
- Healing Ancient Wounds: The Renegade’s Wisdom: John F. Barnes, PT
- A Patient’s Guide to Understanding John F. Barnes Myofascial Release: Cathy Covell, PT
- What’s in Your Web: Phil Tavolacci, PT
- The Biology of Belief: unleashing the power of consciousness, matter and miracles: Bruce H. Lipton
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma: Peter A. Levine
- Molecules of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine: Candace B. Pert, Ph.D.
- The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe: Lynne McTaggart
- Listening: Lee Coit (also Being and Accepting)
You can also request to join the MFR Insight page on facebook. The group is open to anyone interested in learning more about the John F. Barnes’ Myofascial Release Approach, it includes clients and therapists trained by John for the purpose of networking, asking questions and finding support. https://www.facebook.com/groups/919187738175898/
Where can I find the cool self-treatment tools we used during my session?
- CranioCradle: http://www.craniocradle.com/
- ProSource Flex Foam Roller 36 x 6-inches
- Inner Journey CD: http://myofascialrelease.com/merchandise/cds.aspx
Where can I find other trusted health and wellness practitioners?
We believe very strongly in a collaborative and team approach to health. Below you will find a list of our trusted referral partners, most of whom we utilize as part of our own healthcare team. We highly recommend them.
- Acupuncture: Natasha Kubis, Lac http://www.essential-well.com/
- Chiropractic: Dr. Jenn Cournoyer http://www.drjennasheville.com/
- Counseling: Lauren Griffen, MA http://www.wnccounseling.com/
- Health Coach: Shirley Michl http://www.intentionalwellnesscoach.com/
- Naturopathic Physician: Dr. Lulu Shimek http://www.doclulu.com/
- JuicePlus Whole Food Nutrition: Gary Hughes Phone 828-421-2408